• To explain complex research science topics to a variety of audiences.
• To work independently to plan and conduct research, schedule, and conduct personal interviews.
• Develop comprehensive and accurate stories describing medical and biological research.
• Identifying research trends, key studies, and significant breakthroughs in federally-funded research.
• Distill information present in oral presentations, symposia, unstructured conversations, and other discussion forums into a concise and accurate summary.
At least 10 years experience describing complex medical/biological research science topics to various audiences.
Deep familiarity with NIH research portfolios.
Comfortable and experienced dealing with NIH senior staff and leadership.
Other job requirements:
The position requires that individuals be available to work as necessary throughout the standard workweek and often on weekends as well.